Sunday 22 November 2015

Bread Pizza



All the goodness and allure of a pizza without the fuss! You can enjoy this easy bread pizza any time you want without thinking twice.  This is a  favourite recipe which has many memories for me. The first time a young cousin made it for me.  After that I made it innumerable times.  There is no way you can falter with this one.  Even a novice in the kitchen can pull it off.


Ingredients: 

2 Slices of bread
10 gms butter
2 tbsp chopped onion
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2-3 tbsp grated cheese
Salt, pepper, chilli flakes to taste
2 tbsps oil

Method:   Butter the bread slices.  Spread tomato sauce over it.  Sprinkle chopped onion on top. Add  little salt, pepper and chilli flakes.  Cover with grated cheese.

Take a non stick pan and add 1 tbsp oil.  Let it warm up a bit.  Place one prepared bread pizza in the pan and cover.  Lower the heat and let it remain covered.  Remove the lid after couple of minutes.
The cheese would have melted with the generated steam and the slice would have become crisp. Take out onto a plate and follow same method for the second bread pizza.  Cut in triangles and serve hot.

Apart from chopped onions you can also put chopped capsicum, chopped tomato, boiled corn, olives etc.  Anything that takes your fancy.  Instead of the pan you can use the oven to prepare the bread pizza.  Place on greased tray and bake.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you mummy :) I tried this the other day and it was good! Nothing like yours obviously...
    Mum I'm looking for your homemade pizza recipe... In lockdown can't really order a pizza. Plus yours were the best in the whole world. I have looked everywhere and even asked around.. But no luck. I will keep looking...I hope I find it :( Love you.

    ReplyDelete