Thursday 11 May 2017

Mughlai Veg Korma



                                                                             



There was a time when I used to be addicted to TV shows...serials, reality shows, award shows... I used to watch them all! Thankfully I got over that phase. Now, when I do switch on the TV, I tend to choose food based shows. I find them comforting to have on while I am cooking or doing something. And, I have to admit, I have learned quite a bit from them too. Despite cooking for my family for so many years, there are still so many handy tips and useful ideas one can pick up apart from new recipes.

I got this lovely recipe from  a cookery show on TV.  I loved it the very first time I tried it. It is ideal for entertaining and perfect for those times when one is in the mood for something rich and sumptuous...that gives a restaurant feel.

Ingredients: 

1 cup cauliflower, cut in florets
1/2 cup french beans, cut in small pieces
1/2 cup carrots, cut in small pieces
2 tomatoes, pureed
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp  Kashmiri chilly powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp whole spice powder ( garam masala powder)
1 tsp kasuri methi
1/4 cup cream
15 cashew +1 tbsp raisins soaked and ground
Fresh coriander leaves to garnish

Method:   Cut the cauliflower in florets.  Cut the french beans and carrots in small pieces. Finely chop onion and puree the tomatoes with little water. Soak cashew and raisins in little water and then grind coarsely.

In a heavy bottom pan heat oil and add the onion. Saute till onion turns light brown. Add ginger garlic paste. Stir for half a minute. Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and whole spice powder. Mix well. Add the tomato paste and a tbsp or two of water. Cook for a couple of minutes. Add the vegetables....cauliflower, carrot and french beans. Saute for two minutes and then add 1/2 cup water, lower heat and cover. Cook until the vegetables are still crunchy but softened. Add the cashew and raisin paste. Stir. Lastly add the kasuri methi  and cream. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment