Friday 28 April 2017

Egg Curry


                                                                       



I hadn't had  Egg Curry in a really long time. Truth be told, I had quite forgotten about this dish! Last weekend however my husband was in a mood to cook and he decided to make egg curry.  It turned out so finger lickin' good that I decided I just had to share this recipe. It is a great meal option I think ...very healthy and delicious. I am definitely going to be making this more often for sure.

I love it when my husband takes over the kitchen. Not only do I get a break but I get a royal treat!!

Ingredients:

4 eggs
2 onions
2 tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1tsp kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp  garam masala powder ( whole spice powder)
Whole spices: 2 cloves, 1 bay leaf, 2 green cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon
3 tbsp oil
Coriander leaves to garnish

Method:   Boil eggs. Peel and cut in two. Finely chop one onion. Puree one onion with the tomatoes, ginger and garlic.

Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan  and add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, clove and bay leaf. As soon as they start spluttering add onion and saute till light brown. Add the  onion,tomato, ginger and garlic paste along with red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt and coriander powder. Also add tomato paste and a tbsp of water. Stir till oil separates. Add warm water as required for the curry. Lower flame and let it simmer for few minutes. Add kasuri methi and garam masala powder. Gently add the eggs. Allow to cook for couple of minutes and close.  Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.

If you like you can leave the eggs whole and not slice in half as I have done. Also, you can fry whole eggs lightly in oil before adding to curry. I prefer to add eggs just at the time of serving so the eggs stay firm and the curry doesn't take on the smell of eggs.

2 comments:

  1. Yummm! How did you get dad to give u the recipe cause normally he forgets and can never repeat the same thing all over again hahaha. Thanks for sharing - looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my methods:) Haha!! Hope you will try it!

    ReplyDelete