Tuesday 31 January 2017

Coffee Chiffon



                                                                             


I had some fresh cream left over after making another recipe and I wondered what I could do with it. Yes, this happens quite often with me! I get stranded with some ingredient and work backwards to find a recipe to suit it. Fortunately for me, I didn't have to look too hard. This recipe had been just begging to be made from some time!!

Comprising of only four ingredients and taking hardly a few minutes to put together, this recipe is a dream for people with limited time on hand but with a major weakness for desserts. I totally loved it! Don't take my word for it though. Check it out for yourself.

 If you are a coffee lover you should definitely try this recipe!

Ingredients: 

1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup condensed milk
1 tbsp instant coffee powder
1 tbsp gelatin

Method:   Sprinkle gelatin over 2-3 tbsp water in a saucepan and leave aside for few minutes. Once the gelatin has softened and absorbed the water, place the pan over very low flame. Gently heat till the mixture melts into a translucent liquid. Let it cool a little and then sieve before use.

Heat 1 or 2 tbsp of water, add coffee powder to it and stir to dissolve. Cool. Whip the cream till stiff. Add the condensed milk, gelatin and coffee. Mix everything nicely and pour into a serving dish or individual bowls.  Refrigerate ( not freeze) for several hours to allow it to chill and set. You can then garnish as you like. As it was meant just for us I kept it really simple, using some edible chocolate strands to spread on top. If making this dish for company you could set in a mould and later invert on a plate and garnish nicely before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment